Students can read the important questions given below for Introduction to Computers Class 6 Computer Science. All Introduction to Computers Class 6 Notes and questions with solutions have been prepared based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. You should read all notes provided by us and Class 6 Computer Science Important Questions provided for all chapters to get better marks in examinations. Computer Science Question Bank Class 6 is available on our website for free download in PDF.
Important Questions of Introduction to Computers Class 6 Computer Science
Short Answer Type Questions:
Question: Define Computer.
Ans: Computer is an electronic machine. It accepts data as input from the user and processes it under the control of instructions (program). After processing, it gives the result as an Output.
Question: Explain the uses of computer in Education Field?
Ans: Computers are used by students and teachers in education field. Students use computer to prepare notes, drawings, making projects etc. They use internet for study material and use of E-Contents. Teachers use computer to prepare results, Time table and reports.
Question: Write the name of any three Portable Computing Devices.
Ans: Name of Portable Computing Devices are:
• Mobile Phone
• Tablet Computer
• Palmtop Computer
• Laptop Computer
Long Answer Type Questions:
Question: What are the Characteristics of Computer?
Ans: Characteristics of computer are as follows:
1. Speed: Computers perform each of their task very fast
2. Accuracy: Computers do the calculations with 100% correctness of result
3. Reliability: Results of calculations produced by computers are error-free and reliable.
4. Diligence: Computer never gets tired as human does.
5. Automation: Computer performs its task automatically as it is programmed to do.
6. Storage: Computer’s storage capacity is very large. It can store huge amount of data for a long time.
Question: Define any 5 applications of Computer.
Ans: Applications of computer mean use of computer in different fields. Some of the important application areas are:
• Education: Computers are used by students and teachers in education field
• Entertainment: Computer is a good source of entertainment. We can watch movies, listen songs and play games on computer.
• Games: Computer can be used to improve the performance of players.
• Banks: All the customer accounts an easily be managed using computers.
• Hospitals: In hospital, patient record is stored in computer. It becomes easy to monitor the health of each patient.
Question: What are the limitations of Computer?
Ans: Following are some of the limitations of computers:
• A computer cannot take decisions by itself.
• A computer cannot correct wrong instruction.
• Computer cannot do any work without instruction from the user.
• It does not have feelings or IQ (Intelligence Quotient)
• It does not have knowledge and experience like a human being
Question: What do you mean by Portable Computing Devices? Explain any three of them.
Ans: All computing devices which are easily carried with us are called Portable Computing Devices. Some of the common portable computing devices are given below:
• Mobile (Smart) Phone: Mobile is a hand holding device which is able to make calls and process data digitally.
• Laptop Computer: This small and light weight computer. We can work on this computer by placing it on our laps.
• Tablet Computer: It is a very thin portable computer. It is usually battery-powered. It has a touch screen as a primary interface and input device.
Question: Explain the uses of computer.
Ans: We can use the computer for the following purposes:
i. We can do mathematical calculations on computer.
ii. We can play games on computer.
iii. We can draw pictures on computer.
iv. We can listen songs and watch films on computer.
v. We can use computer to print books and newspaper.
vi. We can use computer to book our tickets to travel in Trains, Buses and Airplanes.
vii. We can check the weather conditions of any place before travelling.
viii. We can print reports, results of our school or time table.