Students can read the important questions given below for Generations of Computers Science Class 8 Computer Science. All Generations of Computers Science Class 8 Notes and questions with solutions have been prepared based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. You should read all notes provided by us and Class 8 Computer Science Important Questions provided for all chapters to get better marks in examinations. Computer Science Question Bank Class 8 is available on our website for free download in PDF.
Important Questions of Generations of Computers Science Class 8
Short Answer Type Questions:
Question: Write the examples of First Generation of Computers.
Ans: Some of the main Computers of First Generations are as follows:
• UNIVAC I
• IBM 701
Question: What is IC?
Ans: IC stands for Integrated Circuits. A single IC contains several transistors, registers, and capacitors. IC was invented by Jack Kilby. These circuits were used to make third generation computers.
Question: Write the main features of First-Generation computers.
Ans: The main features of first-generation computers are:
• Vacuum tubes were used as basic processing components.
• Machine and Assembly languages were used in these generations.
• Size of these computers is very large.
• These computers produced a lot of heat.
• These computers were very expensive and difficult to use.
Question: What is AI? Write the areas which are included in AI.
Ans: AI stands for Artificial Intelligence. It is a new branch of computer science that enables computers to think and act like humans. AI includes some of the key areas:
• Game Playing
• Expert System
• Systems for understanding Natural Languages
Question: Which technology was used for Second Generation of Computers?
Ans: Following technologies were used in this generation of computers:
• Transistors were used as basic processing components.
• The magnetic core was used as the primary memory.
• Magnetic tapes and disks were used as secondary storage devices.
Question: Write about Fourth Generation of computers.
Ans: The time interval of fourth-generation computers was from 1975 to 1989. Computers of this generation used VLSI circuits. These circuits made it possible to build fourth-generation’s Microcomputers. Computers of this generation were very powerful, small, and reliable.
Long Answer Type Questions:
Question: What do you mean by Generation of Computers? How are they classified?
Ans: In the technical terminology of computers, a Generation means the change in computer technology. Till know, Computer Generations have been classified into total five generations which are as follows:
• First Generation Computers (1942-1955)
• Second Generation Computers (1955-1964)
• Third Generation Computers (1964-1975)
• Fourth Generation Computers (1975-1989)
• Fifth Generation computers (1989 – present)
Question: Explain Fifth Generation of Computers.
Ans: The time period of fifth generation computers is from 1989- till date. Fifth Generation computers use ULSI (Ultra Large-Scale Integration) technology. These ULSI Microprocessor chips contain tens of millions of electronic components. Computers of this generation works on the basis of Parallel Processing hardware and Artificial Intelligence (AI) software. All high-level languages like: C, C ++, Java, .Net, etc. are used in the computers of this generation.