Please refer to Introduction To Python Class 11 Computer Science notes and questions with solutions below. These revision notes and important examination questions have been prepared based on the latest Computer Science books for Class 11. You can go through the questions and solutions below which will help you to get better marks in your examinations.
Class 11 Computer Science Introduction To Python Notes and Questions
- General-purpose Object Oriented Programming language.
- High-level language
- Developed in late 1980 by Guido van Rossum at National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science in the Netherlands.
- It is derived from programming languages such as ABC, Modula 3, small talk, Algol-68.
- It is Open Source Scripting language.
- It is Case-sensitive language (Difference between uppercase and lowercase letters).
- One of the official languages at Google.
1.2 Characteristics of Python:
- Interpreted: Python source code is compiled to byte code as a .pyc file, and this byte code can be interpreted by the interpreter.
- Object Oriented Programming Language
- Easy & Simple
- Scalable: Provides improved structure for supporting large programs.
- Expressive Language
1.3 Python Interpreter:
Names of some Python interpreters are:
- Python IDLE
- The Python Bundle
- Sublime Text etc.
There are two modes to use the python interpreter:
i. Interactive Mode
ii. Script Mode
i. Interactive Mode: Without passing python script file to the interpreter, directly execute code to Python (Command line).
Note: >>> is a command the python interpreter uses to indicate that it is ready. The interactive mode is better when a programmer deals with small pieces of code.
To run a python file on command line:
exec(open(“C:\Python33\python programs\program1.py”).read( ))
if you have a file name Demo.py , to run the script you have to follow the following steps:
Step-1: Open the text editor i.e. Notepad
Step-2: Write the python code and save the file with .py file extension. (Default directory is C:\Python33/Demo.py)
Step-3: Open IDLE ( Python GUI) python shell
Step-4: Click on file menu and select the open option
Step-5: Select the existing python file
Step-6: Now a window of python file will be opened
Step-7: Click on Run menu and the option Run Module.
Step-8: Output will be displayed on python shell window.