Please refer to One Liner Class 7 Computer Science notes and questions with solutions below. These revision notes and important examination questions have been prepared based on the latest Computer Science books for Class 7. You can go through the questions and solutions below which will help you to get better marks in your examinations.
Class 7 Computer Science One Liner Notes and Questions
1. A Computer is a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a set of arithmetic or logical operations automatically. Since a sequence of operations can be readily changed, the computer can solve more than one kind of problem.
2. The device which is used with a computer to display or store data is called Peripherals.
3. Basic pascal is a French scientist
4. A computer which is invented by Blaise Pascal is also know as Adding Machine .
5. Analytical Engine is invented by Joseph Marine in 1801.
6. In 1820 Chales Babbage, a british Mathematician designed and built the mechanical calculator.
7. Chales Babbage is also known as Father of Computer.
8. John Von Neumann is developed the Modern Computer.
9. A set of instructions that tells the computer about the tasks to be performed and how these tasks are to performed, is known as Software.
10. Herman Hillerith created punch cards that resemble todays computer card.
11. The smallest unit of information, a computer can understand and process, is known as Bit
12. The number system computer used to store data and perform calculation – Binary Number System.
13. Primary memory is computer memory that a processor or computer accesses first or directly. For example: RAM, and Cache Memory.
14. first commercially available computer is UNIVAC 1.
15. Virtual memory is memory on the hard disk that the CPU uses as an extended RAM.
16. Installation is the process of copying software programs from secondary storage media to the hard disk.
17. RAM is referred to as volatile memory and is lost when the power is turned off.
18. An Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU) is a digital circuit that performs integer arithmetic and logical operations. The ALU is a fundamental building block of the central processing unit of a computer.
19. The first computer architecture was introduced by John Von Neumann (1970)
20. Personal computers use a number of chips mounted on a main circuit board called Motherboard.
21. A Modifier key is a special key (or combination) on a computer keyboard that temporarily modifies the normal action of another key when pressed together. By themselves, modifier keys usually do nothing; that is, pressing any of the Shift, Alt, or Ctrl keys alone does not (generally) trigger any action from the computer.
22. A Mouse is the most popular input device which is used today for interactive processing and for the one line entry of data for batch processing.
23. A CPU can directly understand the Machine Language.
24. The first computer mouse was invented by Douglas Engelbart. Joystick is the device that moves in all directions and controls the movement of a pointer.
25. A Touch Screen is a type of display screen device that is placed on the computer monitor to allow direct selection or activation of the computer when the user touches the screen.
26. A technology enables a high-speed reading of large quantities of data and transferring these data to the computer without using a keyboard. It is referred as Optical Mark Reader (OMR).
27. ‘Caps lock’ and ‘Num lock’ keys are called as Toggle Keys because when pressed, they change their status from one state to another.
28. A keyboard is a typewriter-style device, which uses an arrangement of buttons or keys, to act as mechanical levers or electronic switches.
29. The printed form of output is referred as Hard Copy. The device that prints information from the computer onto the paper is Printer. Pages Per Minute (PPM) is the unit used to count the speed of the printer.
30. A Monitor is a TV-like display attached to the computer on which the output can be displayed and viewed. It can either be a monochrome display or a colour display.
31. One or more defects or problems that prevent the software from working as intended of working at all are called Bug.
32. Loading of the Operating System is known as Booting. Restarting a computerthat is already on, is referred to as Warm Booting.
33. The standard code the computer industry created to represent characters – American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII)
34. A Cursor is an indicator used to show the position on a computer monitor or other display device that will respond to input from a text input or pointing device.
35. Microsoft Office is an office suite of desktop applications, servers and services for the Microsoft Windows and OS X operating systems. It was first announced by Bill Gates of Microsoft on August 1, 1988 at COMDEX in Las Vegas.
36. MS office primarily includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. It also includes OneNote, Groove, InfoPath and Publisher.
37. Microsoft Word is a word processor developed by Microsoft. It is used for creating, editing, formatting, storing, retrieving and printing of a text document. Microsoft Word’s native file formats are denoted either by a .doc or .docx file extension.
38. Charles babbage, an English mechanical engineer and polymath, originated the concept of a programmable computer.
39. In the 1980s, the work of British computer scientist Tim Berners_Lee invent the World Wide Web.
40. A computer program is a collection of Instruction that performs a specific task when exeucated by a computer.
41. A computer program is usually written by a computer programmer in a programming Languge.
42. A part of a computer program that performs a well-defined task is known as an algorithm
43. A person who practices this skill is referred to as a computer programmer.
44. The word app came to being in 21st century.
45. An operating system is a computer program that acts as an intermediary between a user of a computer and the computer hardware.
46. Computer requires an initial computer program stored in its read-only memory to boot it is called as boot Programme.
47. Microcode programs control some CPU and some other hardware.
48. A software bug is an error, flaw, Failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result
49. An operating system (OS) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources
50. A real-time operating system (RTOS) is an operating system intended for applications with fixed deadlines (real time operating system
51. A File Deleting Virus is designed to delete critical files which are the part of Operating System or data files.
52. A File Deleting Virus is designed to delete critical files which are the part of Operating System or data files.
53. SMPS————–> switched mode power supply.
54. BIOS stand for ——————> basic input output system.
55. WINDOWS XP operating system, Microsoft has announced end of support after 8th April,2014.
56. BIOS stand for ——————> basic input output system.
57. Language which can easily interact with hardware is called low level language.
58. Virtual memory is Memory on the hard disk that the CPU uses an extended RAM.
59. There are 8 in ASCII codes.
60. Source program is a program to be translated into machine language, original program written in programming language.
61. When you enter text in a cell in excel, it also appears in formula bar.
62. An assembler is used to translate a program written in assembly language.
63. Correction of errors in word is referred to as modifying.
64. Correction errors in a program is referred to as ————–> debugging
65. when your computer stops working is ———————-> crash
66. Executing more than one program concurrently by one user on one computer————–> multiprogramming
67. The simultaneous processing of two or more programs by multiples processor is called ————————-> multiprocessing.
68. File extensions are used in order to ———————> identify the file type.
69. The first RAM cheap was introduced by ————————> INTEL.
70. Every web page is stored as an————> HTML document
71. The metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer is the ———–> system unit.
72. SNMP stands for ———–> simple network mail protocol.
73. The common name for the crime of stealing passwords is ———-> spooling.
74. Shortcut key to insert worksheet in Microsoft excel / Microsoft office————–> CTRL+N
75. The smallest space where information on a hard disk is kept in a —————> sector
76. ATM of bank is ————> plastic money.
77. Which was the Microsoft first operating system—————-> MS DOS
78. The user account can only be created by the ——————-> network administrator.
79. The CPU can perform read and write operation at any point of time on ———> RAM.
80. Device that connects the components used in computer is ——-> mother board.
81. The code which is understandable to the programmer is ————-> source code.
82. Firmware are made by ————-> ROM.
83. object oriented language——————-> C + +
84. Malicious software is known as———–> malware.
85. Most websites have moving graphics called———> animations.
86. Multimedia can contain——-> graphics, animation, video, music and voice.
87. Firewalls are used to protect against————–> unauthorized attacks (not virus attacks).
88. is mandatory for every disk——————–> sub directory
89. Hyperlink——————> highlighted line where cursor gets finger form, when we put cursor on it.
90. Grouping and processing all of a firm’s transactions at one time is called –————> batch processing.
91. Codes consisting of line which are computer readable called————> Bar Code.
92. The collection of data is known as—————–> information.
93. Which protocol is used in internet————–> TCP/IP
94. Computer language used on internet is ———————> JAVA.
95. Microsoft word is ———————> application software.
96. Length of IP address is —————-> 4 byte. ( i.e.- 32 bit)
97. How many pins are present in USB port————> 4
98. A unit for measuring data transmission speed that describes the capacity of a carrier is referred as ———————-> Baud.
99. Bandwidth is————-> range of frequency available for data transmission.
100. Auxiliary storage is a————–> secondary storage.
101. Which language is most user friendly————————> high level language
102. To change hardware components into more powerful or rectified version is called ——————-> upgrading.
103. A program coded in programming language is ——————> source code.
104. Which device performs modulation and demodulation—————> modem.
105. Which device is used to verify signature on bank checks————–> MICR.
106. Portrait and landscape are —————–> page orientation.
107. Changing existing document is called ——————–> editing.
108. A group of character that have predefined meaning——————> field.
109. Removing a program properly requires——————-> uninstalling
110. Is a kind of software used to keep track of billing account—————-> spreadsheet.
111. If you want to connect to your own computer through the internet from another location you can use —————> TELNET.
112. Which key is used to open thee run window——————-> windows + R
113. Direct access is used in ———————> optical disk.
114. SAFARI web browser is the product of ————–> Apple Ink.
115. MAR, MBR, PC, AC AND IR are types of ——————–> register.
116. The main circuit board of the system unit is the ———————-> mother board.
117. CBS stands for———————–> core banking solution.
118. Perl is a ———————–> programming language.
119. Largest memory unit is ——————-> PB (petabite).
120. DVD is read by——————-> red color laser beam.
121. O.S works as a —————-> multiuser.
122. Which device is used to connect different network with same protocol———> router
123. DNS stands for—————–> domain name system.
124. Collection of website on internet is known as ———————–> www.
125. Tablet PC is a ——————–> micro computer.
126. The software which can customize is known as ————-> open source software.
127. Data redundancy refers ———————> duplication of data.
128. When we left click on file, it will —————> select.
129. When we double click on file, it will———-> open.
130. Sequential access method is used in a ———————> tape drive.
131. Motherboard is also known as ———————-> system board.
132. BCR stands for——————–> bar code reader.
133. Which device is used for reading draft and cheques——————> MICR
134. Which device is used in satellite network——————–> VSAT
135. How will you justify the document is MS WORD———-> CTRL+J.
136. IBM 1401 is belongs to which generation of computer—————> second generation.
137. Collection of website on internet is known as ———————–> www.
138. Tablet PC is a ——————–> micro computer.
139. MP3 refers to ———————–> audio format only.
140. The output of ALU is kept into————————> accumulator.
141. The speed of CPU is measured in ——————-> Hertz.
142. What is the name of the software that allows seeing the WebPages———–> Browser
143. What is the address given to a computer connected to a network ————–> IP address
144. This of the following cable can transmit data at high speed———–> optic fiber cable.
145. Who made transistor————————-> john Bardeen.
146. Fast internet works at the speed of ———————> 100 mbps.
147. A scientific institution performing intensive mathematical operation for a complex model that required extremely powerful computing capabilities will most likely use a———————–> supercomputer.
148. Instruction and data that are about to be processed by the CPU are located in ———> RAM.
149. Bit refers to————————–> 0 & 1
150. In computer language, each letter, number and an array of special characters consists of ——————-> 8 bits.
151. Sequence of smallest to largest unit of storage size——–> kilobyte, megabyte, gigabyte, terabyte, petabyte.
152. The metal or plastic case that houses the physical components of a computer together is called—————> system unit.
153. The remote dial-up connection uses telephone lines and modems to connect to an—————–> ISP. A dial-up connection enables you to connect to your ISP using a———-> modem.
154. DNS is a ————————-> internet service.
155. UNIX is a ————–> MULTIUSER operation system.
156. Impact printer is ————> daisy wheel printer & DOT MATRIX.
157. How many alignments are there in ms word——————–> 4
158. Storage devices may be——-> sequential type / direct access type only.
159. Wizard is a —————–> active program.
160. Which processing is used in mainframe computer———–> parallel
161. A virus suspected files are kept on——–> spam/junk mail.
162. POP stands for——————-> post office protocol.
163. PCB stands for —————> printed circuit board.
164. ZIP stands for——————> zonal inline pin.
165. This is called as readymade software———————> AutoCAD.
166. In ms word a text underline by red color its mean—————-> spelling error.
167. Software——————–> set of instruction.
168. Protocol———————-> set of rules.
169. Light pen is used for pointing on——————–> CRT monitor.
170. Inventor of java is ——————–> James gasoline.
171. Biometrics is an——————> input/output/storage device.
172. Disk cleaner is a type of ————————–> utility software.
173. URI stands for—————–> uniform resource identifier.
174. Which device is used to update BIOS————————> CMOS battery?
175. In an e-mail spam contains————-> fake e-mails, unrequested e mails, junk mails.
176. The software which is designed according to the need of customer known as————> customize software.
177. Which shortcut key is used to switch application from one to another———–> ALT+TAB
178. CPU also known as————————-> LEP.
179.Which memory takes space from hard disk—————–> virtual memory
180. What menu is selected to cut, copy and paste…………………….> Edit.
181. The most important or powerful computer in typical network is ———-> Network Server.
182. The ability to find an individual item in a file immediately used is ——> Sequential Access.
183. You can use the tab key for————-> move a cursor across the screen or indent a paragraph.
184.To move the beginning of a line of text which key is pressed ——————> Home.
185. Internet was first developed in ——————> 1980.
186. The operating system is most common type of ——————> system software.
187. Viruses are often transmitted by a floppy disk left in the floppy drive called————-> boot sector.
188. Servers are computers that provide resources to other computer connected to a ———-> network.
189. Which is must installed on a network if you want to share a broadband internet —————-> router.
190. Personal logs or journal entries posted on the web are known as —————-> Blogs.
191. Linux is a ————————-> Open Source operating system.
192. A mouse was invented in ———————> 1963
193. In 1830, Charles Babbage designed a machine called the analytical engine which he showed at the Paris exhibition. In which year was it exhibition————-> 1855
194. Magnetic Tape generally used for————-> sequential access.
195. The storage that supplement the primary internal storage of a computer is known as ——-> secondary storage.
196. A browser is a ———-> software program especially designed for viewing web pages on the internet.
197. Most of the internet banking sites provides which of the following feature to reduce the risk of keystroke logging for the password entry——————> virtual keyboard.
198. Defragment means creating free space in Hard Disk.
199. First generation computer (1945-56) ———————> Vacuum Tubes.
We hope the above One Liner Class 7 Computer Science are useful for you. If you have any questions then post them in the comments section below. Our teachers will provide you an answer. Also refer to MCQ Questions for Class 7 Computer Science